Student Visa

 Students Visa 


There are several options for Student visas, as outlined below. All Student visas are temporary and the course of study must have a minimum length of 2 years to qualify.

Course fees are determined by the institution offering the course of study.

Student visas are issued with several conditions. The main conditions include, but are not limited to;
♦ students cannot work more than 20 hours per week during the course term / semester,
♦ students must maintain full time enrolment in their course of study, and
♦ students must maintain health insurance during their time in Australia.

Students need to select their main course of study from the list below:

English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
Applies to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.

Primary or secondary school course
Applies to primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school courses, and approved secondary school exchange programs.

Vocational education and training
Applies to Certificates I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), diploma, advanced diploma, vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma courses.

Higher education
Applies to a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.

Student Guardians
Parents or relatives can apply for a visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

Applies to non-award foundation studies, or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award.

AusAID and Defence
Applies to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.

Postgraduate research
Applies to Masters by research or a doctoral degree.